Motoring

 


 

Syrenka 105

 


 

Skoda Octavia

 


 

Moskvitch 400 (Rus. Москвич 400) – Soviet car produced by MZMA – Moscow Compact Car Factory (MЗМA – Moskovsky Zavod Malolitrazhnykh Avtomobiley) between 1947 and 1954.

The first car of this model which marked the beginning of the Moskvitch make, left the assembly line on 4 December 1946. In terms of construction solutions, the Soviet vehicle was a copy of the German Opel Kadett K38. The car's body resembled that of the pre-war KIM 10 produced by MZMA.

 


 

Mikrus MR-300 – very simple car made in Poland, manufactured between 1957 and 1960 by WKS Mielec in cooperation with WSK Rzeszów. 1,728 cars of this model were made.

Mikrus MR-300 had a characteristic, simple structure. Its idea was based on the 4x4 formula, i.e. it was supposed to be suitable for 4 passengers, had a 4-wheel chassis, its kerb weight was 400 kg, and the consumption was 4 dm3 of fuel/100 km. The car was fitted with a two-stroke, two-cylinder, air-cooled engine with the capacity of 296 cm3.

 


 

SHL Gazela motorcycle, Manufacturer: KZWM – SHL Kielce, produced between 1968 and 1970, number of motorcycles produced: 50,000.

 


Fire service.

At the turn of 1959 and 1960, production of a new model, named Star 25, was commenced. The most essential variation was the substitution of the previously used engine with a new one, labelled S-472.

The vehicle was intended for transportation of a team of 6 firemen, and was equipped with water pumps and a water container. It had an S-474 engine, (77.2 kW at 3000 rpm).

 


 

FSO Warszawa [named after the city of Warsaw] colloquially: Warszawka, Garbuska [hunchback]; manufactured from 6 November 1951 to 30 March 1973 by FSO Żerań in Warsaw, under a Soviet licence. During the entire period of production, 254,471 cars of this model were made, 72,834 of which were exported. This was the first mass-produced car in the history of post-war Poland. On the basis of Warszawa, commercial vehicles were produced: FSC Żuk, ZSD Nysa and FSR Tarpan. The model was succeeded by the Polish Fiat 125p.


OSA Scooter. Osa M-50 (M-52). The only mass-produced scooter in the PRP.

Between 1959 and 1965, the WFM factory in Warsaw made approx. 25 thousand of them.


Muzeum PRL-u. Trabant.

Trabant – car produced between 1957 and 1991 by VEB Sachsenring Automobilwerke in Zwickau, German Democratic Republic.

 


 

 

[ return to top ]